Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Muy Occupada

Yes. I am very busy here in Mexico. Yet I never seem to know what time it is. I swear there are no clocks here! lol I think it is because the people here are so chill. They just live to enjoy life and survive. This last weekend I went with Italia to Puebla and we stayed with my host sister. We ate at this legit taco stand in the road lol. Then we went to Cholula and saw the ruins. freakin tight. The stairs were so steep (at the pyramid). It was scary to walk down with out a hand-rail but I survived:)P The view at the top was so Beautiful! There was also all these cool straight up Mexican stands in the road that we shoped at. I couldn't help but look at everything. My host sister is so sweet and PATIENT lol but seriously. After our time there we got back on the stick shift bus and returned to Puebla (jerkiest ride of my life lol, it was like a roller coaster!) That night we ate at an authentic restaurant as well. They gave us soup, bread, enchiladas, and dessert for 35 pesos (aka 3 dollars!) We were so full that we couldn't even walk! As far as life during the week goes, I am taking cumbia/bachata dance classes, spanish classes, and boxing classes. Plus I go running everday with my host brother and my new found friend:) I better be in Bomb shape after all this, but then again I do eat so much here lol. Yet I love it! Today I met up with my friend early in the morning and we went shopping in el centro. We got more work out clothes lol. It was funny trying to speak Spanish everywhere that we went, because we are both waydas lol (not sure if that is how u spell waydas). We also ran into this lady who had hosted a teacher before herself, so we talked (in Spanish) to her as we walked down the street lol...... My kids are so cute! This week I am teaching kitchen and art and it is so fun! I find myself wishing i could teach longer:) lol I still have a lot to learn and there are hard hard times but all together I think I am living it up:)

2 comments:

  1. I miss you sooo much but am glad to see you are livin it up. what an exciting time in your life. I laughed out loud when you wrote you saw your first cockroach and commented on how they don't die. My first night in Hawaii I cried because EVERYTHING is infested with cockroaches out here and nothing seems to kill them. I had never been so grateful for mom and her insisting on a clean bug free house. Can't wait to hear about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is it going huera? Great post. Sounds like you are having a great experience.

    I would have loved to see Cholula. Especially while eating a street taco, yum! I hope you took pictures.

    Love ya sis,

    -Aaron

    ReplyDelete