Sunday, January 16, 2011

Iglesia

Hoy I went to church in mexico again lol But this time I was the only white girl there. lol then in Sunday school I was paying really close attention, to try to fake like I knew Spanish for real, and I guess that I was a good actress because the teacher started to ask me questions in Spanish and Out of shock I mumbled, "no hablo espanol".......everyone (including the elders) laughed at me! It was so embarrassing for me and for the teacher. Yet all I wanted to do afterward was literally laugh out loud. After church I was asked to go visiting teaching, so I did. I only understood that the woman's son was very sick. It made me sad how humble her circumstances were. The house was basically dirt with cement walls and sheet doors. Then to top it all off my companion suggested that she and I sang a hymn in Spanish-w/o preparation. It was not horrible and I am glad we did, but it was not the best lol However, I am so grateful for this experience because it has made me so much more grateful for what I have and it inspires me to serve more. I also learned better that the Lord knows all of us individually and is sympathetic of us all because he has felt all of our pains.

2 comments:

  1. Lol by the end you wont have to fake;)

    Is Mexico as scary as everyone says?

    ReplyDelete
  2. no dude not at all. at least I do not think so.

    ReplyDelete